12 Oct, 2013
Corona pandemic, Lock down, closed schools, and locked-in students are all unfavorable negative words that the world population has been facing for almost 18 months. The Lock down left parents flabbergasted with no clues regarding children's education, and demand for online learning platforms grew at an unexpected pace. Abacus was no exception.
The demand for regular Abacus education created the need to shift Abacus learning from physical to Online Abacus Classes.
A desperate search began for the Abacus Learning Platform, Abacus Portal, etc. It became a global phenomenon. This write-up introduces you to the world's first Abacus E-Learning Platform equipped to deliver the most effective Abacus Online Classes. The results achieved are as good as in-person learning, despite being a virtual classroom.
When we refer to in-person or conventional Abacus Classes, we expect an Abacus Trained Teacher to train the kids in the physical classroom using an Abacus Tool.
So, what is the process of one-to-one Abacus training for the students in a physical classroom?
a. Well, the teacher has a large size Teacher's Abacus, usually mounted on the wall beside a black/whiteboard.
Every student has an individual Student's Abacus, Abacus workbooks of the related level and a pencil.
b. To start with, the students are familiarized with the Abacus tool and the bead values. The process is demonstrated on the teacher's Abacus, and the students replicate the action on their student's Abacus.
c. The students are then taught the right process of using their fingers while moving the Abacus beads on the Abacus to attain a certain value.
d. The Abacus classes start with the students learning additions and subtraction of digits 1 to 9.
e. Conduct exams after every level.
f. Evaluate the classwork & homework and the exam sheets.
g. Issue mark sheets and certificates.
h. And last but not least, keep the Abacus Class interesting enough to ensure that the children complete all eight levels.
While developing an Online Abacus teaching and learning portal, the challenge was ensuring that the teaching process was equipped to deliver equally effectively as an offline Abacus Class. Hence, the Abacus learning process is hassle-free for the students.
Mastermind Abacus, with its experience in Abacus Training for the last 23 years and its presence in over 16 countries, successfully transformed the conventional Abacus teaching and learning into the most practical Abacus E-Learning and Teaching Portal. This portal is accessible globally.
If you study the features of the world's first Abacus E-Learning Platform of Mastermind Abacus, you can see it does qualify through all the required parameters of an in-person Abacus Class.
1. It involves an instructor-led coaching technique to assist students in learning.
2. The online learning videos are developed to proceed step by step to teaching students.
3. These video lectures are followed by interesting Math Abacus-based indigenously developed video games. These videos ensure that learning Abacus for the kids becomes interesting and helps them learn while playing.
4. An integrated video conferencing window allows the teacher to monitor important activities like correct finger movement, performing mental math as instructed etc.
5. The option of classwork, assigning homework and conducting exams with real-time evaluation options makes this Abacus online portal unique and user-friendly.
6. It has a virtual abacus that is more like a 24x7 teacher that helps in guiding a student & also the teacher if they ever get stuck while solving a sum. It allows the students to practice at home and avail required help.
7. The learning sessions and the Abacus math-based videos ensure no dropouts, and the students graduate through the entire Abacus course and levels.
Mastermind Abacus has successfully executed the transformation of Abacus learning from in-person to virtual.
To enable you to get further details about Mastermind Online Abacus classes please book a free demo.
Also Read: Abacus Online Classes By Mastermind Abacus