12 Oct, 2013
We are now ready to formally launch Mastermind Abacus E-Learning Platform by 15th of Aug, 2021, the Independence Day of India.
The advancement of technology and its integration with the Abacus has broken the myth and made Online Abacus Teaching and learning a reality. Abacus Teaching and Learning will no more be a privilege of the Urban area only. You may be located in the remotest part of the world; you too can now start your Online Abacus Center like any of your counterparts in the cities.
Talk to anyone aware of an Abacus and its process of learning, it would be very difficult to convince that abacus learning and teaching could be possible through virtual classes, or to say an Online Abacus Class could be equally effective as any conventional Abacus classroom.
Importance of Abacus for a Student
The importance of Abacus education in promoting whole brain development in the younger children, enhancing their mental math and speed up their calculation abilities, augment ting their level of concentration and visualization was very well recognized by the Education Fraternity and the Parents / Guardians.
The problem has been it is not easily accessible to many. The reason being while Abacus Classes or Trained Faculties were available in the major cities the smaller towns lacked their presence, hence depriving many who wanted to train their kids in Abacus Math and give them a competitive edge in their future academics.
The Pandemic Effect on Abacus Institutes
We have been promoting Abacus Education for over two decades and are present in over 16 countries through our trained faculties and over 2000 Abacus Training Centers.
My entire think tank never imagined a situation when teaching Abacus through the conventional normal classrooms could no more be possible. As we all are aware of the Global pandemic due to Covid 19, the entire conventional education system came to a halt and so did Abacus teaching and learning as the students stopped coming to the Abacus Classes
Not only all our associates and teachers but over 10,000 Abacus trained teachers across the world were looking for solutions, a solution that could help the revival of the Abacus Classrooms and bring back the students. And of course, there were others who were planning to start their own Abacus Franchisee Centers, had to stall their idea.
The Online Abacus Learning Platform – A challenge
The need for an Online Abacus Learning platform was felt by many, but there were huge challenges in actually creating an Online Abacus Learning and Teaching Platform. The requirement was to have an Online Abacus Learning and Teaching Platform that should:
1. Be easy to use/operate by the Students without hassles, not be monotonous rather it should be very interesting.
2. Be able to give all the features of a conventional Abacus Classroom like, constant the presence of a teacher, one to one interaction, active participation of students, getting guidance when needed etc.
3. Facilitate training and monitoring the correct finger movements on the Abacus Instrument.
4. Allow the students to train for mental math.
5. Allow the Abacus Teacher to monitor the performance and progress of every student.
6. Enable real-time checking of Class work and Homework and also letting the students know their score.
7. Provide a Virtual Assistant (a virtual teacher to help the students solve a sum if they were to get stuck) while doing their Homework or solving a sum.
The Revolutionary Online Abacus Learning Platform
Not many such options are available that could meet all these requirements for an effective Online Abacus Learning Platform. Rather be very specific there were none. We created the Mastermind Online abacus Learning Platform. It has all the facilities that an Abacus Trainer or a student would require,
The features of Mastermind Online Abacus can be listed below
1. The Lessons –All lessons of every level are easy visuals where sums are solved depicting through right finger movements on the Abacus Instrument, with the objective to ensure effective learning by the students.
2. Practice - All the practice lessons are in the form of games. They have all been transformed into innovative, interesting Math Video Games. To score points in the game the students have to solve the sums on their abacus or mentally, input the answers.
The advantages are, firstly the students enjoy playing the games and the Abacus Class never becomes monotonous, they wait for the next class. Secondly, the interesting learning process ensures the dropouts as seen in conventional classes are far less here.
3. Students Panel – A panel is accessible to all registered Students of Mastermind Abacus. This Panel has two parts, the first one being from where they can do all the learning and the other is the Video Conferencing Screen which allows them to be able to see their teacher. From this Panel, the students can
a. See the lesson videos that are shared by their teacher and learn.
b. Do the class work assigned by the teacher
c. Do the Home assignments given by the teacher
d. Participate in the exams when they are conducted.
f. Resolve their problems if any by directly communicating with their teacher during the class.
g. See the marks or points obtained by them in their Class work, Homework and Practice and that allotted by the teacher.
h. Access Virtual Abacus – This is a readily available assistant that will help the students in finding a solution if they are stuck at any sum. It is a virtual abacus which is a digital abacus tool very similar to a student’s abacus. While doing an exercise if a wrong answer is submitted the option of taking the help of Virtual Abacus appears. The Virtual Abacus option on click opens on a separate window.
i. Get Certificates – The students can download their Certificates after the completion of every level.
j. Access The Book – The students can download and get a print of all the lessons of Class work, Homework and Practice.
4. Teachers Panel – The exclusive Teacher’s Panel allows the teachers to teach the students from their home, using their Laptop or PC, through the internet. This Panel has two parts, one that allows the teacher to teach and share educational videos, the other is a Video conferencing Screen that allows the teacher to be able to see and also be accessible to the students.
From this Panel an Abacus teacher
a. Can run preloaded learning lesson videos for the students to see and learn the fundamentals.
b. Can assign Class Work to the students after every lesson video.
c. Can assign Homework
d. Can conduct exams after every level is completed.
e. Can do Certification – The teacher can issue certificates to students after completion of every level.
f. Can see the students through the video conferencing option, they can communicate with them and guide them as and when needed.
g. Gets access to several options like Training, Admin etc. to allow the teacher to manage Fee Status, get training from the company as and when required and be in constant touch with the Company personals.
Advantages of Mastermind Online Abacus Platform
1. To learn Abacus through this online platform one only requires an Abacus Instrument and broadband internet connection. No infrastructure, no franchise fee & no overhead expenses.
2. There are no geographical limitations. One could be in any part of the world and learn Abacus from the best of the Abacus Trained Teachers.
3. The system having preloaded learning videos ensures that every registered student gets the same highest level of training.
The above features not only make Mastermind Abacus is an ideal Online Abacus Learning Platform but also an ideal Online Abacus Teaching Platform. It is the First time in the World Online Abacus Teaching and Learning Platform.
It certainly could be a game-changer in imparting Abacus Education to the masses. It could be the most effective option for the 10,000 plus Abacus Trainers towards the revival of their closed down Abacus Classes with the added advantage of geographically unlimited accessibility.
For those wanting to venture into Abacus Education, this could be the best opportunity to go for their own Abacus Training Centers. If you have access to the internet and a Laptop or PC you could restart or start a new Abacus Training Center from your home.